Xbox has officially announced its next round of Xbox Game Pass entries for 2022. Game Pass is set for another strong month this October, after September saw the introduction of Deathloop, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Grounded 1.0, and Shipbreaker to the service.
This month, we’ll be getting some even more big hitters, such as Scorn, Persona 5: Royal, A Plague Tale: Requiem, The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 on PC, Chivalry 2, and a whole lot more (see everything else below). But remember, Xbox has so far only announced the first wave of Xbox games at the moment, so you can expect another round of entries to get revealed near the middle of October. For now, here’s everything coming to Xbox Game Pass in October (for now).
When is Scorn on Xbox Game Pass?
This month, we’ll be getting Scorn, a new horror experience largely inspired by the work of painters H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksinski. It was originally set to release on October 21, but will now arrive a whole week earlier on October 14 instead for Xbox Series X|S, PC, and cloud – which is great news.
Everything Coming to Xbox Game Pass in October (So Far)
- Chivalry 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 4
- Medieval Dynasty (Xbox Series X|S) – October 6
- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (PC) – October 6
- The Walking Dead: Season Two (PC) – October 6
- Costume Quest (Cloud and Console) – October 11
- Coral Island (PC) – October 11
- Eville (Console, PC) – October 11
- Dyson Sphere Program (PC) – October 13
- Scorn (Xbox Series X|S, PC, Cloud) – October 14
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (Xbox Series X|S, PC, Cloud) – October 18
- Norco (Console, PC) – October 20
- Persona 5: Royal (Console, PC) – October 21
- Gunfire Reborn (Console) – October 27
- Signalis (Console, PC, Cloud) – October 27
Xbox Controllers Down to $44.99 at Amazon (was $59.99)
If you’ve been taking advantange of Game Pass a lot, some of your controllers might be looking a bit tired. Thankfully, there’s never been a better time to snag a couple of new gamepads. There’s an excellent deal on Xbox controllers at Amazon right now, with controllers coming down to just $44.99 for a limited time only (or £43.99 in the UK). That’s a significant $15 off the regular list price of $59.99.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks for October
- 1-Month Free of Fallout 1st
- Eville: Housewarming Bundle – October 11
- Apex Legends: From Above Weapon Charm – October 11
- Need for Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition Upgrade – October 11
A Plague Tale: Requiem is On Xbox Game Pass from October 18
Available Day One with Xbox Game Pass, A Plague Tale: Requiem is a direct sequel to A Plague Tale: Innocence. It will hit Game Pass for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and cloud on October 18.
Xbox’s summary of the game reads: ‘Embark on a heartrending journey into a brutal, breathtaking world, and discover the cost of saving those you love in a desperate struggle for survival. Strike from the shadows or unleash hell with a variety of weapons, tools, and unearthly powers.’
Everything Leaving Game Pass in October
All these games will leave Xbox Game Pass by October 15, so if you’re looking to keep playing them you’ve got until then to make a purchase.
- Bloodroots (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Echo Generation (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Into The Pit (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Ring of Pain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Sable (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Good Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Get 3-Months of Xbox Game Pass for $39 (was $44.99)
Best Game Pass Deal Right Now: 2-Years of Game Pass Ultimate for $135 (Save $224)
First up, your Game Pass subscription must not currently be active – I repeat, you must not have an active Game Pass for this to work. Once you’re confident, proceed to the next step.
Next, you need to invest in up to 3-years worth of Xbox Live Gold. You can easily buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes from Amazon or other retailers, costing $60/£50 depending on your region.
I Recommend Stacking 2-Years of Xbox Live Gold
The maximum amount of stacking for Gold subscriptions is 36-months (costing $180), any more than that will be lost. So, to keep things safe for those who currently have a Gold membership, I recommend sticking to just 2-years’ worth (costing $120/£100).
Now, here’s the fun part. Once you’ve redeemed these codes and stacked your Xbox Live Gold membership up to your liking, you can then convert this time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 ratio.
Head to the Xbox Live Gold upgrade page and proceed to convert the time you’ve paid for directly into Game Pass Ultimate. If you’ve never used the upgrade feature before, this will cost $1/£1 (total cost coming to $121/£101). If you have used this before, it will instead cost you $14.99/£10.99 to upgrade.
Overall, at most, you’ll be paying only $135 for 2-years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (instead of $359). If you manage to pull off a 3-year conversion, at most you’ll be paying $195 instead (instead of $539). Now that’s a big discount. Once you’re done, just make sure you turn off auto-renewal as well.
Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for IGN. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.