Switch Online’s Nintendo 64 application received an update earlier today bumping it up to Version 2.4.0 and adding Pokémon Snap to the service. That’s not all, though.
Nintendo doesn’t release patch notes for application updates like this one, but fortunately we do have some insight about what’s going on behind-the-scenes in this latest update, courtesy of the Nintendo dataminer OatmealDome.
[NSO – Nintendo 64] Version 2.4.0 is out.
– Pokémon Snap added. Since EU has 4 ROMs (one per language), they get 4 boxes on the selection screen.
– The text “The microphone cannot be used when holding the controller this way” was added. (Ported from Famicom NSO app??)
– Nintendo is starting to remove the comments from the config files, making it difficult to tell what was changed.
– A CPU hack was added to Star Fox 64.
– A CPU hack was added to Kirby 64.
– The AOT executable and PCB file for F-Zero X and Mario Golf were changed.
Last month’s N64 app update made a number of minor adjustments to the existing library of games on the service. Nintendo has also made some sigificant changes since the launch of this Expansion Pack library, like restoring fog in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
What do you think of the latest batch of adjustments that come with Version 2.4.0? Noticed anything yourself? Have you tried out the Expansion Pack service yet? Leave a comment down below.