Welcome to our help department!
I thought we could have this thread so people could easily ask for tweaks instead of having them all scattered across the forum.
BUT, before you dive deeper and venture into the tons of questions, take a look at these common tweaks here, and please see if you can recognize anything similiar to what you are looking for;
If not, then be my guest and ask.
Perhaps you’re looking for a GameBoy emulator for the iPhone 5?
Well then, I’m glad to tell you this is the best one. GBA.emu, easily found in Cydia. There are also the following emulators: GBC.emu, gpsPhone, Snes9x Ex & NES.emu.
Note: Update 9/2/2013 – In order to get this emulator, you need to donate the enlisted amount for the specific emulator you want and after you have sent him the transaction id + your unique Cydia ID you will then receive the emulator as a gift. Robert Broglia, the developer of GBA.emu is having problems with the terms of agreement with PayPal due to legal terms. Emulators and all that stuff doesn’t go too well with such things. Therafore your only way to get this is to pay him the amount for the emulator via Amazon. More info here: http://www.explusalpha.com/home/funding/one-time
Warning! Installing too many tweaks/addons may cause springboard crashes and errors that may hog the performance of your iDevice and cause lag.
Review common tweaks before you proceed:
- Rinngo (lets you change and CREATE ringtones directly from your iDevice. One perfect tool. Note; spelling is “Rinngo”, not “Ringo”.)
- Auxo (Shown in the picture above. Basically what Auxo does is that is remakes your whole architecture of the multitasker. Auxo “reinvents” it. Easy to use, simple UI.)
- PasswordPilot Pro (lets you autoinsert your appleid+password everytime in AppStore and other apps with a MASTER password. Support for multiple accounts.)
- BiteSMS (lets you send texts quickly even when you’re inside an app)
- Activator (lets you change around with different activation methods, disable the dragdown notification window etc)
- Adblocker (disables all (most) ads in apps and safari/chrome etc)
- SBSettings (lets you play around with toggles and free up RAM)
- NCSettings (alternative to SBSettings. Simplistic UI with integration in notificationwindow + integrated support for Intelliscreenx.)
- Appcent (lets you see the percentage of any downloading tweaks/apps on the homescreen)
- Barrel (lets you customize the animations when you slide to different pages in homescreen)
- Protube (lets you download videos from youtube , among other things!)
- iFile (lets you dive deep into the different files in the iphone. Customize things. Do not touch if you’re not familiar with codes).
- Infinifolders (lets you customize your folders to have a lot of apps inside in difference to the standard folder with limited apps inside).
- Infinidock (lets you assign pages within the dock and swipe them!)
- Callbar – receive and get calls while still doing my thing on the phone, without it taking over the whole screen
- Zeppelin (lets you change your carrierlogo)
- Springtomize 2 (lets you change alot happening on the homescreen such as icons etc)
- Swipeselection (lets you select a lot of text in a very easy gesture).
- Winterboard (lets you change the look of your iphone’s theme and look the icons”).
- FullForce (For iPhone) (lets you optimize every app out there to fit the resolution for the iPhone 5. 640×1136 on all of your apps. You no longer have to worry about an update for resizing your app to fit your phone. This is a very handy tweak.
- iCleaner (lets you clean your cache and many other unnecessary files in your iDevice including files and unused dependencies in Cydia.)
- VolBright (lets you hit the volume up and down at same time to change the adjuster to brightness instead of volume. Press both buttons at same time to change it back.)
- InfinityTask (keeps your apps from getting killed.)
- AppUpdateNotifier (lets you disable updates for specified apps)
- 3GUnrestrictor5 – Use wifi-only features on 3G)
- Accelerate – Faster (or slower) animations, as you see fit
- AntiTint – Makes the iOS 6 status bar always black, rather than changing colors.
- AppStoreUpdateSize – Shows size of updates in the App Store
- AskToCall – Pops up a dialog asking if you are sure you want to call. I use this because I find it really annoying that tapping on an item in Recent Calls by default immediately calls back, rather than viewing the contact info.
- BrightnessIcons – Homescreen icons to increase and decrease brightness.
- BytaFont – Changes fonts
- Cyntact – Shows pictures in Contacts list
- DebianSaverLaunchDaemon – Whenever you install a Cydia package, this utility automatically copies the .deb file to the /var/mobile/Documents/DebianSaver directory. That way you can easily backup your Cydia packages, and also have the ability to manually downgrade them (by installing a previous version from its .deb).
- DeleteWord – Hold the Shift key and tap Delete to erase the previous whole word. There’s a better version called DeleteWorld, but it’s not iOS 6 compatible yet.
- DietBar – Makes Navigation bars thinner
- DietBulletin – Makes notification banners thinner (so they fit in the Status Bar)
- Dimmer – Lets you make your screen even darker
- DisableNCSwitch – Prevents the Notification Center from swiping down in Fullscreen apps
- DismissMyKeyboard – Swiping from Spacebar to Enter key makes the keyboard go away. Perfect for Messages where typing a long message normally makes it impossible to scroll up and see the earlier conversation while typing, but useful anywhere.
- FastCopy – This doesn’t work on iOS 6 yet, but it is supposed to eliminate the delay before the Copy action menu pops up. It worked in iOS 5, and I have it installed because it doesn’t hurt, and that way I’ll know as soon as it gets updated.
- f.lux – Warm display temperature at night
- FolderEnhancer – I think this is better than InfiniFolders, but your preferences may be different.
- FullScreenSafari – Swipe actions are great, though some of them don’t work quite right on iOS 6. Notably, I can’t get the 2-finger swipe Up and Down to trigger the Scroll to Top and Scroll to Bottom actions.
- IconRenamer – Lets you rename icons on the Springboard
- KillBackground – Lets you close all apps at once from the switcher in wiggle mode. (DashboardX Widget: WeeAppKiller
- LastApp – Lets you set an Activator action to return to the most recent other app. Good for switching back and forth.
- MobileTerminal – Terminal
- Monocle – Lets you set an Activator action to put an app into fullscreen mode. I set it to only hide the Status Bar, leaving the navigation and tab bars alone.
- MultiIconMover – Select multiple app/folder icons and move them all at once
- NoSpot – Eliminates the Spotlight page
- RespringCacheFix – Clean up junk files
- RotationInhibitor – Lets you set an Activator action to lock the screen orientation.
- SafariBookmarks – Moves the Reading List and History lines out of the Bookmarks list.
- SafariDownloadEnabler – Download things from Safari. One shortcoming is I don’t see a way to download the webpage that is currently open, only ways to download pages that are linked to (by holding down on the link).
- SafariPDFPrinter – Lets you print a webpage to PDF
- ShowCase – Makes the keyboard show lowercase letters when appropriate. Even works for Greek and other languages.
- SpringFlash – Lets you set an Activator action to turn on the torch. I set it to Lock Button Short Hold, so I have a physical flashlight switch.
- SwipeShiftCaret – Awesome text insertion point and selection manipulation
- TabPlus – Lets you open unlimited tabs in Safari
- TetherMe – Enables native tethering, uses “phone” apn
- TopographyForGoogleMaps – Lets you set Google Maps to topo view
- UniversalVideoDownloader – Lets you download videos from any app.
- WebScrollian – Much faster scrolling in web views
- WifiPasswords – View your saved Wifi networks and passwords. Great for times when someone asks you for a Wifi password.
- xMessages – Lets you make Messages show timestamps for all messages. Has some other contact-picture features, but they mostly broke in iOS 6. So I would actually recommend SMSTimestamps if you just want the timestamp for every message.
Credits for the added suggestions: Qaanol
Last Update: 26/2/2013
No, it’s not in the list.
Please then, in order for us to help you it’s essential you fill this form to find your requested tweak among our knowledge here on the forums. Please be specific and try to look for details. This will give us a more accurate field of hunt.
What it does:
In detail description: (Optional, increases our chances of finding it)
What it does: Enables a little portrait next to your texts in Apples Message app.
In detail description: It’s not BiteSMS and it does what BiteSMS shows to do with the icons, if you look next to your texts there you’ll see the exact feature. An icon for every contact.
Give it time!
Give us time to search. Please keep in mind this is a non-profit-making help you’re getting here so please be patient.
… and receive your answer shortly: Cyntact
You’re done! Remember, you’re always welcome to return!
Leave a Reply