It’s been a generation of retro games getting dramatic overhauls, with Switch hosting many of these comebacks. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will follow the trend of delivering a much-loved game with shiny new visuals – or, if you prefer, the old ones.
Somewhat bucking recent trends, publisher Merge Games, along with the developers at Jankenteam, has confirmed a slightly earlier release for the enhanced Master System title – it now arrives on 22nd June, two days earlier than previously announced. It’ll cost £14.99/$19.99/€19.99 on the eShop, and if you want to spend a little more on a physical edition you should check out the store page on Signature Edition Games.
Like some of its compatriot titles that have revived classics from the 8- and 16-bit eras, this DX release will offer a blend of old and new – check out some PR blurb below along with the new trailer at the top.
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
We also spoke to the developers last year if you’d like to know more.
Not long to wait now, are you planning to pick up Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX?